Prolongation of the validity of official documents under the second state of emergency as per Government Decree 500/20201.
Prolongation of the validity of official documents
- Official documents (IDs) issued by Hungarian authorities and valid in Hungary that expire during the state of emergency shall have an extended validity.
- These will expire 60 days after the end of the state of emergency.
- This includes also documents whose validity had been prolonged at the end of the previous state of emergency and would expire during the present state of emergency, that is, they are prolonged as well.
- Validity of driver’s licenses for vehicles is especially included in the prolongation.
- The extended validity does not have to be registered in the document itself or the central registry.
- If such a prolonged validity document is lost, it may not be replaced (that is, then a new document has to be issued with a new date of validity).
- The validity of residence permits under the law on residence of persons with the right of free movement (Szmtv, Act I of 2007), and the law on residence of third country citizens (Harmtv., Act II of 2007) that expire during the state of emergency is extended until 30th day following the end of the state of emergency.
For further information please, contact us at the following
Phone number: +36 1 278 5680
Email address: [email protected]
or contact your local Inter Relocation consultant.